Where Secrets Lie

Friday, November 10, 2006

Count on Strong Coffee

So this yesterday Chris wasn't himself the whole day, never ate or drank much, but I didn't think anything of it until the evening when I left him with his dad so I could go and have some me time. After I did what I needed to do and went to get him so I could get him ready for bed he got sick. He was soaked from head to toes. He didn't have a fever, so I thought maybe it was just that he had drank too much, though I know he hardly had anything, but you don't think when you are trying to get your baby all cleaned up. He was also still smiling and laughing. He didn't drink his 7pm bottle and was again awake at 12am in which I had to do a whole new change from clothing to bedding. He was moaning and nothing seemed to please him, he just moaned you didn't get a smile from him at all, no matter what you did. After being up for an hour, I eventually decided to give him 2.5ml of panado, because he was in pain. It helped and we managed to get to sleep till 3:15am in which once again I had to change him. He was so hungry, but everything I gave him came out, even the hydrol didn't stay in. I eventually got him calmed and put him back in bed. He was so hungry by 6:15am so I gave him his bottle, he didn't drink much out of it, it was like less then 10ml when it all came out. Julie was holding Chris when Wyatt came in and wanted to give Chris a kiss, but Chris looked at him and started crying. He didn't want to be bothered by Wyatt, all he wanted was to lie next to Julie. So daddy said to Wyatt that he can go with him to the shop to get mommy hydrol and then can go with him to work. Wyatt was quickly dressed and waiting by the door to go with daddy, but unfortunately the going to work with daddy did not work out as daddy was informed that he has to go to a big meeting which is going to be the morning. So daddy before going to work took toddler with him to get mommy hydrol. Wyatt was very happy. Mommy on the other hand was trying to figure out how she was going to manage with sickChris and an active Wyatt, but all had worked out well. Chris slept and Wyatt played outside and had been very good in helping mommy. He even washed his own dishes, what a clever little boy.

Another star for Wyatt he was in bed by 8pm last night, though he only went to sleep at 9pm. He got mommy a book to read and they read 'The Gingerbread Man', Wyatt enjoyed it and tried to get mommy to read another story, but mommy didn't give in to him. So Wyatt gave mommy a hug and kiss and just laid there in his bed. He awoke just after 10pm to go and wee and then wanted to go to daddy, so mommy told him that daddy was sleeping and he was happy to hear that and went back into his bed and went to sleep.

And a star for Leo, for helping mommy with Chris at night. Even though mommy could not sleep, because she had to just cuddle her sick baby, she was grateful that daddy had sat up with her or had woken up to help out.

You must be wondering why this chapter is called strong coffee, well just because Julie needed strong coffee to keep her going until Leo could take over.

Well Julie thought, 'I'd have to carry on with my story, but for now dairy I have to see to Wyatt and Chris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home