Where Secrets Lie

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Do You Know Me?

Look into my eyes and tell me what you know about me?
Look into my eyes and tell me why you think that?
Look into my eyes and tell me that you can prove who I am?
Yes Look into my eyes and answer me.

You assume I am this and that.
You assume I am false.
You assume I make up stories, at times I wish I did,
so my life could be simple
You just assume

You judge me for the clothes I wear
You judge me for the way I talk
You judge me because it gives you pleasure,
but do you judge me by getting to know me,
No you just plain judge.

You think you are better then everyone around you
That the world only stops for you
You think that all attention must be on you
No one else is allowed even a drop of fame
You scared that people will like others better then you

This is what I say,
Stop, stop judgining me,
Instead get to know me,
Talk to me
and if you have a problem with me
Let me know

I am only human
I try my best to be the person I am
I cannot be the person you want me to be
I cannot change what I am
If you don't like who I am and think I am false
then I'm sorry that you feel that way
For who I am and what I give
comes from my heart,
not from something I make up
to get attention

I hide my secrets I don't tell you half of what I go through
Or what my past was like
I live for the future
I live for my kids
I live for my husband
but most of all I live for me.

If you don't like it
I am sorry you feel like that
It doesn't make me less of a person
If you don't really want to get to know me
and I'll end by saying
I am happy with being me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home