Where Secrets Lie

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Toddlers, They Never Give In

I am so angry at the moment. Toddler keeps on climbing into Baby's cot and smothers him with the blanket. I spent the whole morning playing with him, building puzzles, reading books saying the colour, etc, etc, just playing. All I needed was some me time so I came and sat by my computer and put Toddler by the TV to have a bit of relaxing time. Nope Toddler doesn't sit to relax. 5 seconds and I hear baby crying on the baby monitor, now I had put baby down for his nap, poor baby is so exhuasted. I thought I was going to kill Toddler. Anyway I stayed calm took Toddler out of the cot and gave him a warning. The second time I took him and gave him time out. Nope it didn't help as he was back in the cot. I couldn't do anything, wether I made myself a cup of coffee or went to the loo, he'd make his way into Baby's cot. It drove me made and after taking Toddler out the cot for the 10th time (I kid you not, this child of mine was persistant and showed me he is boss), I snapped took him out and gave him a hiding on the bum and put him in his bed. I just did not know what else to do with this child. I feel really bad that I smacked him, but like I said what was I suppose to do when nothing seemed to work. All I asked for was time to drink some coffee and eat. I find myself not eating unless my Husband is home. I land up eating one meal a day (not good I know, but with a toddler who wants 100% attention it is difficult to get something into your stomach). Well my day is not going so well, I can't wait for Toddler to start school tomorrow. I love him to bits, but sometime enough is enough especially when Baby needs his rest and isn't resting properly because Toddler is torturing him. I have been so good when it comes to giving hidings, but this was just enough and I am finding now that it is the only way he stopped going to torture Baby and now hopefully baby can have a peaceful rest and a good sleep.

I was so amazed how a friend who does not have kids told Husband how he had noticed how Toddler is seeking his attention. Husband tried to blame it on the fact that Toddler sees him as the authority figure (which is true), but like the friend said to him that doesn't have anything to do with being the authority figure, he is seeking attention because Husband does not spend enough time with Toddler. I just sat there and listened how this friend (Male friend too) was saying how Toddler needs his Father to play with him, how he needs his Father to do things with him. It was so amazing a friend who has not seen us for over a year had picked this up in just spending a few hours with us. I wanted to tell Husband 'I told you so', but I stopped myself and just smiled in my heart. I must admit that Husband has been making more of an effort. When he goes to work even if it is for a short while he takes Toddler with. When he went in the morning to work and Toddler was awake he took toddler with and Toddler was happy and mommy was happy because she could just relax a bit. Now the holidays are over, but thank goodness for school which starts tomorrow. I am so going to need that me time ok will have baby, but at least baby can have his nap while Toddler is at school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home