Where Secrets Lie

Sunday, February 25, 2007

What A Day

Yes I have not been posting here and it isn't because I don't have anything to say, it is just that I don't have time. I have started a blog for the boys and amongst other things I am busy, but today I really needed some comfort. It is hard being a little boy waiting to blow out his candle, waiting for everyone to sing to him and waiting for everyone to play with him. I appreciated the people who had taken the time to let me know that they weren't coming. Ok this is how my son's party went. I woke up at 7am to make my boy's 3rd birthday a good one. I made the last minute stuff that I needed to. I was still in my nightie when the clock striked 2:30pm. I got dressed and there was no one, no one had arrived. No family, none of the other's that I had invited except our friend who helped get me a few last minute goods at the shop, but besides her there was no one. My dh was moaning, because I had spent so much money on this party and there was no one. All I felt like dowing was crawling in a corner and crying. What is more difficult for one's child, not having a party or having a party, but no one turns up? I don't know I grew up not having a party and I so don't want my kids to grow up not having any, but how do you cater when those you think are suppose to be there aren't there. It hit 2:30pm and no one, it hit 3pm and no one, it hit 3:30pm and somewhere between 3:30pm and 4pm my niece finally arrived with my cousin. Then just before 5pm my sister had finally arrived. I kept my tears to myself and just held my breath and let my boy enjoy his time. His special day and he did have fun, but it totally threw everything off. The thing that really upsets me as well is that I was by my sister's place the day before for my niece's party and my aunt and cousin's didn't say that they weren't coming. My sister told me that my aunt isn't coming because it is far and her daughter's don't want to drive all the way out here. Life sucks for my kid's, because they are so far from the family they get the low end of the straw. Why is that I put my heart, my energy and my effort to be on time or to go to their functions. Aargghh I guess my boy just won't have a party and I'll be come the bad mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home