Where Secrets Lie

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Cycle of Debt

The other day I was reading on this board about debt and why do people get themselves into it. I wanted to post, but when I got around to typing I heard this little voice behind me say that by telling other's your problem make them feel sorry for you and then angry at you, so I deleted it. I then logged in as someone else, but again I could not type there. This voice kept on saying 'Julie telling other's will just make them think you looking for attention.' So I didn't post anything.

What is debt, is it the every day trying to live or is it you go overbaord by getting things (expensive things), Like a Chryslar Voyager or a Plasma TV. What Leo and I have may look like we are rich, but we got those things before we had kids. When I worked I only use to get R900 a month. If I have to go back to work I will still only be earning a little and that money will go for someone looking after baby Chris, because he would not be able to attend creche, so what Leo and i came up with was that it was better for me to stay home and look after Chris myself, because we won't see that money anyway. If I work I need to do something that is going to bring in money. I need a job that is going to see us living ok and I don't mean buying that Chryslar. We really don't have much.

We don't have clothing accounts, when we buy clothes we pay cash. We don't buy junk that we don't use. We save for what we want, but saving is not the option for us this year as what we get in goes all to Wyatts schooling. It is sad this world we live in, but that is life. We make sure we have food in the house and when we don't have any we will eat bread just like that or go with anything as long as the boys have eaten. The odd jobs I do at home helps every bit and we are able to get a treat.

I spoilled myself the other day by getting my hair done. It needed a good cut and had be left for months because there just was no money.

So do we have debt no, do we have our own house no (we cannot afford it), do we have our own car (yes, nothing fancy, but yes we do it gets us from A to Z, even though it can be a bit on the small side), do we have accounts to pay no (besides the usual telephone, electricity and water), do we have DSTV no, we did, but had to have it cut because we could no longer afford it. Do we have internet, yes, but we don't pay for it because it. But the expenses lie in other things. Buying Chris his nappies and milk, making sure there is healthy food for both boys, doctor bills, pharmacy bills and now speech and therapy bills. Then there is Wyatts school, Chris's annoculations (which cost over R200). Medical Aid yes we have it (it is cheap for us, yet expensive, the work pays more then half and Leo pays a certain percentage). There are other little things that are important. We have a maid, why because I cannot survive doing everything myself especially trying to run a business and take care of the boys. It is just too much, but we put money aside so we can have our maid come in once a week. Is it bad to want that? Then we have someone who comes in once a month to cut our grass, is that wrong to want a gardener? Leo can't do it and it is way too big for me to do. So their are just things that we have to do to survive. Oh and we can't afford to keep our grass long as there are snakes (puff Adders).

So to me debt can be disperate debt or debt to survive without having any serious debt. We struggle, we get by, but at times I do wish I didn't have to cook all the time because it gets tiring especially when you are the only one doing it.

I would love to get the Verimark Ceramic hot brush, but I can't, why because R399 we just cannot afford. There are some luxuries we just don't get, but of course if money has to come in I'd get it, because iti s something that I need and not something that I want. This is the cycle of my life. the cycle of debt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home