Where Secrets Lie

Friday, December 15, 2006

Ignoring It Actually Works

Time goes by so fast, before I know it I will be 30, though I only turned 28 a month and a half ago. I have been missing in action, been doing other things, but not blogging, just have not had time to. I have filled my days with activities for Toddler and try and fit in time to do house work, but by the time I get to the house work I see myself taking a nap with Toddler and Baby. It is so nice to be able to lie on the bed and watch them sleep. How they hold one another's hand or Toddler has a arm around Baby, I want to snap a picture, but in fear with all the noise I stop myself from doing it. I don't want to wake them up, instead I curl up next to Baby and put my arms around both of them and think what a wonderful gift they are to me. Though at time I wish I had a little girl, but I'm grateful for my boys and I am grateful that they are fine. After what I went through with Baby I cannot be even more thankful then I am already. Well now I am in dreamland and something is telling me to wake up, thinking that it is my husband, I turn around and tell him just a few more minutes, but this voice keeps on telling me that it is time to get up, so I get up cross and ready to snap and my husband to find that he isn't home from work yet. I see Toddler is missing, so I make my way to my office and there he is happily deleting things from my computer. Tired me forgot to put my password on. Thank goodness I had backed up my work that morning, I would have cried if he had deleted the stuff to find that he too can open the recycle bin and has emptied it already. My heart sank, I sat looked at him, didn't know if I had to shout or if I had to smack him. He stood there waiting for me to do something, but I didn't I sat by my computer, ignored him and undid what he had done. He tried to talk to me, but I just couldn't find myself talking to him, after he knows repeatedly that he must not touch my computer. I carried on doing other things and just ignoring him. He found himself a corner and sat there out of my way. Didn't finch a muscle, didn't cry, just sat there still waiting for me to say something to him, but I didn't. Eventually I calmed down and sat next to him. I still did not say a word, just sat there, until I heard this sweet little voice say, Shorry mum. I took him in my arms and he began to cry, just holding him close to me and him holding on tightly to me. I let him cry and then I softly said what he did wasn't nice and he mustn't do it again. If he wants to play on mommies computer he must tell me. Yes he is only 2 years old, but he diffinately understood, because every time he walked pass my computer he'd say no chut (touch), mum's puter and that after an hour and a half. Today I found myself trying to get him to do things for me, basic things, like putting his toys away, but all I got was no, no, no. I then decided I am tired of putting him in his room, I am tired of shouting at him or asking him 25 times to do something, if he doesn't want to do it, then he can just leave his toys where it is. So I left his toys on the floor and walked away, when he asked for me to play with him ball, I told him I will play ball with him when he puts his other toys away. No luck, he refused. He whined and groaned and threw a tantrum because I refused to play ball with him, but eventually when he saw I wasn't paying any attention to his bad behaviour he sat up, wiped the dry non existing tears and went to pick up his toys and put it away. We had a good day, even though I wasn't feeling 100% today, but just feeling like I have some control over one problem, helps the other problems seem less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home